LIVE Webinar April 24, 2pm ET/11am PT
If you have employees in Alberta, this is a must-attend webinar.
Bringing sweeping changes to Alberta's health and safety and workers compensation laws, Bill 30 will take effect on June 1, 2018.
- Overview of the major changes introduced by the legislation
- How have the definitions of "employer" and "worker" changed?
- How does the Act increase employee participation in health and safety procedures?
- The definition of harassment and violence in the workplace, including sexual solicitations
- What are the new requirements to provide workers with health and safety representation?
- How will the Fair Practices Office operate?
HR professionals with employees in Alberta cannot afford to miss this essential one-hour webinar.
Register today and equip yourself with up-to-date information about these critical legislative changes.
1 HRPA CPD credit hour
About the instructor
Cristina Wendel practices employment and labour law from Dentons’ Edmonton office.
Cristina advises and represents employers in all aspects of occupational health and safety matters, including day-to-day compliance, incident response, investigations and defending employers charged with occupational health and safety offences. She also represents federally and provincially regulated, unionized and non-unionized employers in a variety of employment and labour law matters such as wrongful dismissal claims, employment standards disputes, human rights issues, labour arbitrations and labour relations board proceedings.
Cristina is a regular presenter at seminars and courses, including Dentons’ Breakfast for the Mind series, on a variety of current occupational health and safety, employment and labour topics. She is also a member of Dentons’ National Diversity and Inclusion Committee.